What is WorkAbility??
WorkAbility is a career awareness, exploration and training program for special education youth ages 16 and up.
- WA1 provides students with opportunities to participate in classroom career speaker presentations, job shadowing, industry tours and paid job training.
- WA1 is a school and community transition program that benefits students, employers and the community.
- WA 1 promotes independent living and provides comprehensive pre-employment and follow-up services for special education youth.
- WA is funded by a grant from the California Department of Education.
Windsor Schools seeks employers in the business community who will give students with special needs a chance to prove themselves.
Benefits to Students
- Assessment of Interests, abilities and aptitudes
- Placement assistance and on-going support services
- Subsidized training wages
- Worker’s Compensation coverage
- Increased confidence and job skills